Newfields offers a number of resources that can help you plan, prepare for and follow up to the visit.
Newfields Educator ENews: Creative Learning
Please note: The Creative Learning e-newsletter is not being distributed at this time.
Distributed periodically throughout the year, the Creative Learning e-newsletter for educators brings information on new school tours, teacher workshops and resources, new collection acquisitions, and upcoming exhibitions and events straight to your email inbox.
Newfields Online Resources
- Resources for We. The Culture: Works by the Eighteen Art Collective
- Newfields at Home
- Google Art Project
- Search the IMA Collection
Activate your journey through THE LUME Indianapolis
Professional Growth Plan (PGP points available)
Newfields now offers credit for educators seeking opportunities to earn PGP points towards license renewal. Many of our public programs, professional development workshops, and other events can qualify you to earn PGP points (one point for each hour of "hands-on" time or hour of participation).
Stout Reference Library
Newfields' Stout Reference Library is a non-circulating research library that supports research needs regarding the interpretation and publication of works of art from the IMA collection, potential acquisitions and upcoming exhibitions, as well as the visual arts in general. The library's growing collection of approximately 100,000 volumes consists of:
- Books, exhibition catalogues, and museum publications
- Magazines, scholarly journals and museum bulletins
- Files on more than 28,000 artists, including more than 3,800 Indiana artists
- Catalogues from auction houses, including Sotheby’s, Christie’s and Phillips
- Calendars, annual reports and other information from art museums worldwide
- Online databases and resources
To search the library's holdings, visit the Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library Shared System Database.
Indiana educators of preschool - 12th grade students are invited to take part in our 'Inspired By' series for the chance to have student artwork displayed in conjunction with our exhibitions.
Stay tuned for information on the next Inspired By… School Competition, or sign up for our Creative Classroom e-newsletter to be the first to know.
Please contact the Education Team