Newfields is committed to becoming an empathetic, multi-cultural, anti-racist institution that embraces diversity, equity, inclusion and access (DEIA) into every facet of our work.
We want every member of our community to see themselves in Newfields, and to see Newfields making a positive impact in their neighborhoods. We want Newfields to be a place where our employees are excited to come to work, feel respected, and are proud of the direction we are moving.
Newfields is yours, and we hope you will join us in transforming its future.
We want to hear from you! Please share your feedback by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enrich lives through exceptional experiences with Art & Nature.
Stewardship • Inclusivity • Service • Excellence
Some of the initiatives and programs underway at Newfields to promote inclusivity:
- Creating a new $20-million endowment for the works of underrepresented and marginalized artists
- Establishing a new Community Advisory Committee
- Increasing diversity on the Board of Trustees and continuing a focus on diversity on the Board of Governors
- Hiring a senior-level diversity executive, reporting to the President and CEO, with authority to oversee DEIA efforts as well as bring more diverse vendors and suppliers to Newfields
- Creating a new Neighborhood Pass providing free admission to area residents
- Expanding our complimentary membership program to include more community partners, and expanding distribution of free tickets to programs and events
- Implementing DEIA training for every leader, staff, docent and volunteer
- Conducting a top-to-bottom review of the institution led by outside DEIA experts
- Improving our recruitment, retention and promotion of/for/by Black, Latino/a/x, Indigenous, Women, People with Disabilities, LGBTQIA, and other marginalized identities at all staff levels
- Continuing our efforts to implement Newfields’ $18 minimum wage to provide for a livable income for all full-time staff
UPDATED: March 19, 2021