June 3- July 26, 2019
Member registration opens January 15.
Public registration opens January 22.
Play, Imagine, Discover, Create. Join us for summer fun at Newfields. Participate in weeklong adventures with nature and the arts. Visit the galleries inside the Indianapolis Museum of Art, a historic mansion (complete with a secret staircase), The Garden bursting with blooms, and an outdoor art and nature park. Learn alongside an accomplished team of educators. Experiment with traditional and nontraditional materials, make a portfolio of work to take home, and share that work with your family during an end of the week exhibition. All these fun and exciting activities are designed to accommodate your child’s educational and artistic needs.
- Camps are designed for children ages 4-13
- Sessions take place Monday – Friday with a convenient drop-off time of 8:30 am
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- Capacity of 15 campers per session
- All art supplies are included
- Lunch and snacks are not included
- After Care hours are available. Space is limited.
Early registration for Family and Host Level Members now open.
Summer Camps for Ages 4 - 5 - SOLD OUT
Summer Camps for Ages 6 - 7 - SOLD OUT
Summer Camps for Ages 8 - 10 - LIMITED AVAILABILITY
Summer Camps for Ages 11-13 - LIMITED AVAILABILITY
If you would like to be added to a waiting list for a sold-out camp, please email IMASummerCamp@discovernewfields.org with your child’s name, date of birth, your phone number, and the camps that you wish to attend. All wait list requests will be timestamped and sorted according to the order in which they are submitted.
Newfields Member registration begins on Tuesday, January 15 at noon online. To sign up for a Newfields membership, please click here. Registration opens to the public on Tuesday, January 22 at noon online. Class sizes are limited to 15 participants, and registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some of the summer camps may sell out the day that registration opens. If you’d like to be put on a waiting list, please email IMASummerCamp@discovernewfields.org with your child’s name, date of birth, and the camps you’d like to attend.
Follow these tips for a smooth registration process:
- Verify your member status and have your log-in information for your online account ready before registration opens.
- Plan out the weeks you’d like to attend ahead of time; consider a back-up option if your first choice sells out.
- To complete your registration, you’ll need to provide your camper’s name and date of birth.
- Set aside time to register as you may not be able to hold items in your cart and walk away from your computer.
Half-Day Mini Sessions (Ages 4-5): $125 Newfields members / $145 Public per mini session
Full Day Camps (Ages 4-13): $250 Newfields members / $290 Public per session
Tuition is due in full at the time of registration. Camp sessions are subject to cancellation if there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, campers will be notified and refunded in full.
We always appreciate knowing as soon as possible if you need to cancel your registration. Camp cancellations and refunds will be issued according to the following schedule:
If you cancel your registration…
- Between January 15 and March 31, campers are eligible for a full refund
- Between April 1 and May 1, campers are eligible for a full refund minus a $50 processing fee, per registration. (for half day camps the fee is $25, per registration).
- After May 1, no refunds will be given.
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Pick Up and Drop Off occurs in the studio classrooms.
- Half-day sessions are either 9 am-noon or 1-4 pm; campers may be dropped off 30 minutes in advance of the start of the half-day session. Campers staying for both half day sessions do not need to be picked up and dropped off again mid-day. Campers staying for a full day have supervised lunch and recess with the other campers.
- Full day sessions are 9am-4pm with a convenient drop off time of 8:30 am.
- Campers, ages 4 to 13 must be signed in and out, by a grown-up, daily. Campers will be released only to those individuals listed on your Pick-Up form.
- Campers arriving before 8:30 am must be accompanied by a grown-up and will be asked to wait outside of the classroom.
- Campers must be picked up by 4 pm. Campers who are enrolled in the After Care Program, must be picked up by 5:30 pm. A late fee of $3 per child is assessed for every five minutes of tardiness.
LUNCH & SNACKS
Campers staying for a full day of camp will need to pack a lunch and snack daily that does not require refrigeration or heating. Lunch is supervised by the teaching staff.
Campers staying for a half day of camp are encouraged to bring a bottle of water and a snack daily.
On Fridays, friends and family are welcome to join campers for a special exhibition of their artwork. Campers participating in the morning session only will exhibit work inside Studio One at noon. Campers staying for a full day of camp will exhibit work inside their studio classroom at 4:00 pm. Outdoor Campers will exhibit work inside the Studio Hallway at 4:00 pm. All work will be sent home at the end of the exhibition.