June 1- July 24, 2020
Lottery registration opens January 6.
Play, Imagine, Discover, Create. Join us for summer fun at Newfields. Participate in weeklong adventures with nature and the arts. Visit the galleries inside the Indianapolis Museum of Art, a historic mansion (complete with a secret staircase), The Garden bursting with blooms, and an outdoor art and nature park. Learn alongside an accomplished team of educators. Experiment with traditional and nontraditional materials, make a portfolio of work to take home, and share that work with your family during an end of the week exhibition.
How to Register
This year, Summer Camps at Newfields will only be available for Newfields Members at the Family Level and above. To accommodate as many families as possible who wish to participate in our summer camps we will be registering families with a lottery. We hope this will improve the registration process for all families and help ensure that siblings can attend camp together. Lottery applications and camp registrations will be processed according to the following schedule:
January 6-13 Submit your family lottery application
January 14-21 Newfields will randomize applications and process registrations
January 22-28 Newfields will send out wait list positions for families who were not assigned to a camp
January 31 If there are any, unfilled camp spots will be available to purchase online
To register, complete a Family Lottery Application. To learn more about the registration process, check out the Camp Lottery FAQ.
CAMP LOTTERY FAQ
Summer Camps at Newfields are designed to accomodate your child's education and artistic needs.
- Camps are designed for children ages 4-13
- Sessions take place Monday-Friday with a convenient drop-of time of 8:30 am
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- Capacity of 16 campers per session
- All art supplies are included
- Lunch and snacks are not included
- After Care hours are available. Space is limited.
Half-Day Mini Sessions (Ages 4-5): $130
Full Day Camps (Ages 4-13): $260
After Care (Ages 4-13): $45
Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
We always appreciate knowing as soon as possible if you need to cancel your registration. Camp cancellations and refunds will be issued according to the following schedule:
If you cancel your registration…
- Between January 14 and February 29, campers are eligible for a full refund
- Between March 1 and April 15, campers are eligible for a full refund minus a $50 processing fee, per registration. (for half day camps the fee is $25, per registration).
- After April 15, no refunds will be given.
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Pick Up and Drop Off occurs in the studio classrooms.
- Half-day sessions are either 9 am-noon or 1-4 pm; campers may be dropped off 30 minutes in advance of the start of the half-day session. Campers staying for both half day sessions do not need to be picked up and dropped off again mid-day. Campers staying for a full day have supervised lunch and recess with the other campers.
- Full day sessions are 9am-4pm with a convenient drop off time of 8:30 am.
- Campers, ages 4 to 13 must be signed in and out, by a grown-up, daily. Campers will be released only to those individuals listed on your Pick-Up form.
- Campers arriving before 8:30 am must be accompanied by a grown-up and will be asked to wait outside of the classroom.
- Campers must be picked up by 4 pm. Campers who are enrolled in the After Care Program, must be picked up by 5:30 pm. A late fee of $3 per child is assessed for every five minutes of tardiness.
LUNCH & SNACKS
Campers staying for a full day of camp will need to pack a lunch and snack daily that does not require refrigeration or heating. Lunch is supervised by the teaching staff.
Campers staying for a half day of camp are encouraged to bring a bottle of water and a snack daily.
On Fridays, friends and family are welcome to join campers for a special exhibition of their artwork. Campers participating in the morning session only will exhibit work inside Studio One at noon. Campers staying for a full day of camp will exhibit work inside their studio classroom at 4:00 pm. Outdoor Campers will exhibit work inside the Studio Hallway at 4:00 pm. All work will be sent home at the end of the exhibition.
Newfields Tax ID is 35-0867955