Free and accessible parking is located both on the main Museum lot and in the underground parking garage.
Accessible restrooms are located on Floor 1 and in The Toby.
We are excited to offer a new pilot program featuring accessible seating throughout our galleries. Try out one of our gallery chairs and enjoy a longer look at the vivid colors of Monet or the iconic brushstrokes of van Gogh. The seating, gifted to the Museum by docent Marian Pettengill, offers a new way to view your favorite art work. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.
Wheelchairs of varying sizes and rolling walkers are available for free on a first-come, first served basis. To borrow an indoor wheelchair or rollator, please check in at the Admissions desk located on Floor 1.
- Entrances to the Museum, Randolph H. Deer Special Events Pavilion are wheelchair accessible.
- Elevators are available throughout the Museum with access to all floors.
- Portable platform ramps are available at the outdoor Amphitheater for use during events like The National Bank of Indiana Summer Nights Film Series.
- Accessible seating is located in The Toby. If you wish to sit up front, please consult an usher to access the wheelchair lift. Accessible platform seating in the upper level is also available on a first-come first-served basis, and does not require assistance from an usher
Individuals Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation is available upon request for school and private group tours with at least three weeks notice. Schedule a School Tour or a Group Tour.
- Free assistive listening devices are available for all Public Tours. Please check in with the docent to retrieve a device.
- Free assistive listening devices are available for programs in DeBoest Lecture Hall and in The Toby. Please check in with an usher to retrieve a device.
Individuals Who Are Blind or Partially Sighted
- Free audio guides are available for selected exhibitions. Please check in at the designated Audio Guide desk to retrieve a device.
- The museum offers Touch and Audio Descriptive Tours for blind or partially sighted groups. To schedule a tour, please fill out a Group Tour request form.
Individuals With Dementia
Meet Me at the IMA is a specialized tour provides an opportunity for guests with early stage Alzheimer’s to participate in a facilitated conversation of art works from the IMA collection with their care partner, family, and friends.