Guess what, you can save 20% or more by purchasing online. Tickets are available now. We recommend guests purchase online for a few reasons—you can schedule your evening better, because you’ll get right in and bypass the ticket line (a lovely way to kick off your family’s experience). Enjoy the experience with Kris Kringle himself when he joins us for special appearances on Tuesdays throughout Winterlights. Winterlights, at Newfields—it’ll be “Art that plugs in.”
Pause awhile for wintertime S’mores-making at wood-fired warming stations. Adults are invited to try mugs of warm, “spiked” cider or cocoa (both of which can be served “unspiked” for the younger amblers). There’s even Newfields Beer, brewed by Taxman brewery, as well as canned red or white wines and a variety of warm nuts and other holiday treats. Food and beverages are also available inside at The Cafe.
Take your Winterlights experience to the next level by purchasing festive holiday décor, gifts, plants, and fun items to wear that blink bright holiday colors. These items are available for purchase in the Museum & Garden Shop, along the Poinsettia Path on the first floor of the IMA and at the Lilly House Christmas Shop. Blinky lights are also available in the Hospitality tents within the show.
Winterlights will be open Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, and New Year’s Day. We can either refund your money or transfer your reservation to another evening if weather forces us to cancel. Talk to our box office, 317-955-2339.
Members (no matter which type of membership) will be able to buy unlimited discounted tickets for Winterlights only.
Know Before You Go
- It will probably take an hour to an hour and a half to get through the whole Winterlights experience. Plan accordingly.
- Avoid long lines at the admission desk: have your tickets printed or on your phone, ready to go. You’ll save 20% online—the best price available.
- Free parking onsite.
- Newfields is at the corner of 38th Street and Michigan Road. There are Winterlights entrances on both 38th Street and at Michigan Road.
- Layer for warmth! Winterlights is an outdoor strolling experience in The Garden. Don’t forget comfy shoes.
- Accessibility devices—including outdoor wheelchairs—are available on a first come, first serve basis.