October 14-18, 2019
Registration Opens July 15
Play, Imagine, Discover, Create. Join us for fall fun at Newfields. Participate in weeklong adventures with art and nature. Visit the galleries inside the Indianapolis Museum of Art, a historic mansion (complete with a secret staircase), The Garden bursting with fall color and an outdoor art and nature park. Learn alongside an accomplished team of educators, experiment with traditional and nontraditional materials, make a portfolio of work to take home, and share that work with your family during an end of the week exhibition.
- Camps are designed for children ages 4-13
- Sessions take place Monday – Friday with a convenient drop-off time of 8:30 am
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- Capacity of 15 campers per session
- All art supplies are included
- Lunch and snacks are not included
- After Care hours are available. Space is limited.
2019 Fall Break Camps
FALL-ow Your Senses
October 14-18 / 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
$250 Members / $290 Public
Touch, taste, smell, see and listen to all things autumn! This fall-filled week will highlight all the different senses through art. Touch crazy slime with fellow campers, taste a yummy fall snack we make together, smell the plants in the Madeline F. Elder Greenhouse, and see the changing leaves in The Garden. Campers will also listen to the books Leaf Man and We're Going on a Leaf Hunt.
Outdoor Adventure: All Things Fall
October 14-18 / 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Ruth Lilly Visitor's Pavillion
$250 Members / $290 Public
Enjoy the view from our outdoor classroom and discover how the Virginia B. Fairbanks Art and Nature Park: 100 Acres changes with the seasons. During this week-long fall adventure create a sketchbook, record your nature observations of the changing autumn leaves, go on a nature hike, and gather natural materials for artworks. Campers will work with paper, leaves, paint, clay, pumpkins, apples and more.
Fall Break Camp After Care
$30 Members and Public
Continue the fun. Campers are invited to stay late to participate in structured activities and games. A snack is included. Be sure to register early, space is limited.
Registrations opens July 1, 2019. Register online or call 317-923-1331. Class sizes are limited to 15 participants, and registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tuition is due in full at the time of registration. All campers are eligible for a full refund 30 days in advance of the program. During the week of camp, refunds will only be issued for campers who are ill or face a family emergency, and the fee will be prorated. Camp sessions are subject to cancellation if there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, campers will be notified and refunded in full.
Camps for ages 4-13: $250 Members | $290 Public per session
After Care for ages 4-13: $30 per week
Pick Up and Drop Off
Pick Up and Drop Off occurs in the studio classrooms.
- Campers, ages 4 to 13 must be signed in and out, by a grown-up, daily. Campers will be released only to those individuals listed on your Pick-Up form.
- Campers arriving before 8:30 am must be accompanied by a grown-up and will be asked to wait outside of the classroom.
- Campers must be picked up by 4 pm. Campers who are enrolled in the After Care Program, must be picked up by 5:30 pm. A late fee of $3 per child is assessed for every five minutes of tardiness.
Campers staying for a full day of camp will need to pack a lunch, snack, and water bottle daily that does not require refrigeration or heating. Lunch is supervised by the teaching staff.
On Fridays, friends and family are welcome to join campers for a special exhibition of their artwork. Campers will exhibit work inside their studio classroom at 4:00 pm. All work will be sent home at the end of the exhibition.